Fisher’s is an Australian-owned family business located in Morwell, Victoria. We have over 60 years experience working with timber and over 30 years in the pallet industry. Our strong reputation is built on a history of servicing the needs of our customers and adjusting to meet changing requirements.
Fisher’s provide custom wood treatment to manufacturers and wholesalers utilising TRU-CORE Wood For Life®, the most advanced wood treating technology in the world – capable of penetrating normally regarded hard to treat species.
Our wood treatment capabilities:
- H2 Red (Permethrin) – Inside above ground termite protection
- H3 Clear (Azole with Permethrin) – Outside above ground rot & termite protection (For appearance grade timber)
- H3 Green (Copper Quat) – Outside above ground rot & termite protection
- H4 Brown (Copper Quat) – Outside in-ground rot & termite protection
- Treatment is to global specifications that exceeds Australian Standard AS 1604.
- Operate a state-of-the-art treatment facility that is suitable for structural and engineered wood products up to 17 metres long, 1.1 metres wide and 1.4 metres high – 26 m3 per charge.
- Specialised capability in MCARP – Moisture Content Applied for Retention and Penetration.
- Constantly perform analytical in-house testing; NATA registered laboratories analysis; and external audit of our treatment process.
- Certified ISO 9001-2015 company
- Over 60 years of experience working with timber, and are quality focused and regarded as a reputable company in Australia.
“Our mission is to provide innovative solutions, quality products and reliable service to our customers.”
– Lewis Fisher, Managing Director
1960 – The Fisher family involving William Henry Fisher and Robert William Fisher (son) investigated pressurized wood treatment with the CSIRO and then commenced wood preservation in Korumburra, Victoria.
1976 – The company expanded and relocated to South Gippsland Highway Korumburra South, Victoria.
1979 – A new company was formed and expanded in Latrobe Valley where the business was involved in round and sawn wood processing including CCA wood treatment.
1998 – Commenced a new treatment facility (LOSP) H2 and H3 levels in a rented property in Morwell, Victoria.
2003 – Purchased a property which doubled the size of the land in Swan Road Morwell, Victoria and built a new treatment facility for LOSP.
2012 – Following an extensive research and investigation it was decided to carry out major alterations and update of the treatment facility to provide 5 different levels of TRU-CORE water-based treatment. This was decided because of the expanded capability of the treatment in addressing the treating of many species previously not achievable.The plant has ceased releasing emissions to the atmosphere and a further benefit is the carrier of the chemicals is water collected from the factory roof.
2013 – Commenced treatment utilizing water-based Copper Quat Green and Brown for H3 and H4 levels, respectively.
2015 – Commenced startup trials and commercial treatment utilizing TRU-CORE water-based Azole with Permethrin technology clear treatment for H3 level.
- Automatic computerized treatment plant – 1.6m high x 1.35m wide x 17m long (Cylinder dimensions)
- 5 working tanks for chemicals
- 3 computerized chemical batching tanks
- 2 dipping tanks
- Motorized wrapping station
- Laboratory and pilot plant
- Plywood vacuum stacking machine with automatic label applicator
- Treatment plant opens at 6am for deliveries and despatch.
- Capable of treating semi-loads of timber per charge and can handle plywood and long length LVL up to 17 metres.
- All charges are weighed pre and post treatment.
- All materials treated to H2, H3, and H4 is stamped and a certificate of treatment is provided
- Timber can be wrapped to your requirements.
Fisher’s Timber Preservation Pty Ltd is committed to leading the industry in minimising the impact of its activities on the environment.
The key points of its strategy to achieve this are:
- Eliminate waste by evaluating operations and ensuring they are as efficient as possible.
- Eliminate toxic emissions through the selection and use of its wood preservation process and the source of its power requirement.
- Actively promote recycling internally.
- Source a product range to minimise the environmental impact of both production and distribution.
- Meet or exceed all the environmental legislation that relates to Fishers.
- Installed 100kw solar energy system minimising our electricity requirement from outside sources. (as pictured in the background)
- Modifications has been made for rain water collection to be re-used providing liquid for our wood treating process.
Fisher’s care about the environment and do all we can to protect.