Guide for Treatment
Please identify the following in your purchase order:
- Timber species (Eg. Victorian Ash, Radiata Pine)
- Timber product (Eg. LVL, Glulam, Plywood)
- Timber dimensions & length
If packs requiring treatment are comprised of mixed thickness pieces, eg. 75mm & 35mm, they must be separated. Mixed thickness cannot be treated together as schedules/ uptakes are different.
Glu-lam & LVL’s – end-seal must be applied to beams prior to treatment to ensure even distribution of preservative chemicals. Fisher’s can apply end-seal if requested for a small charge.
Product is dispatched from Fisher’s wrapped. Customers can supply product pre-wrapped and Fisher’s will endeavour to re-use the wrapping. Alternatively, customers are welcome to send rolls of their branded timber wrapping for our use with their product or Fisher’s will use own wrapping for an extra charge.
Fisher’s check all product as part of our Quality system requirements before treatment.
Customers are alerted to the following issues with their product using our “Authority to Proceed/Cease Timber Preservation” form:
- Damaged boards
- Blue stain / Sapstain (may result in higher uptake of chemical than normal)
- Stains / Marks (timber must be clean)
- Kiln dried timber only (not green)
- Moisture content must be under 20%
Despatch of Product
Once product has been treated, customers are sent an “Authority to Release Timber” by fax or email. This form must be completed and returned to our office before the timber can be despatched.
- 5 Facts About TRU-CORE Wood For Life®
- Blog Home Page
- Brochures & Flyers
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Guide for Treatment
- Latest News
- Levels of Treatment – Hazard Class Guide
- Safety Data Sheet
- Search Results Page
- Terms and Conditions of Treatment Process
- TRU-CORE Wood for Life® Protection System